четвъртък, 30 декември 2010 г.

How to install android apps without market

Ok, I have a new phone SE X8, because my LG Arena is being repaired (hopefully). This one has Android OS. First - I struggled to update Android trough Wine and in the end, I needed to use my virtual windows to do so. And it was very annoying, because I needed to manually load the usb from the top menu of the machine. Very stupid. Anyway, now it's updated.
My next problem was how to install anything without a Google account. Of course, I have Gmail account, it's not the point. My problem is that I don't see ANY reason to connect my gmail account with my phone, since phones are easily lost or stolen and I really don't want my gmail account falling into wrong hands. Not that I have very sensitive information in it, I try to delete such stuff immediately. But still, this is my default email and I really don't want it jeopardized.
My other problem is that your license agreement with Android market involves agreement that Google has the right to REMOVE any application from YOUR phone that it finds bad for you. In any way. That's obviously wrong and I would never agree to this provided I have the choice.
Well, it turned out that I actually have that choice.
So to install apps without Market:
0. From your phone settings menu, choose "Applications" -> Unknown sources (allow apps which are not from Market) -> Allow. (source)
1. Find sites with apps you can download without barcodes or other Google shit. Good start is: androidfreeware.org and http://google-androids.ru or http://www.brothersoft.com/mobile and http://getandroidstuff.com/ 
2. Download whatever you like. Remember that those apps were not checked by the careful eye of Google, so do it with caution and check comments and so on to be sure the app is safe. And don't download anything connected with financial stuff.
3. Now that you have all the apps, you need an android file manager to install them on you phone. How to install it without market? Easily!
4. Connect your phone to Internet using wireless or gprs or 3g or whatever.
5. Open default browser, type one of the urls above and download a file manager. When the download is complete, click/tap over the file (in the download window) and it will ask you whether to install. Say YEAH and now you have a file manager.
6. Use your newly installed file manager to install all the other apps that you transfered to a folder on your phone using USB cable (or bluetooth).
7. You can avoid the use of computer if you're a fan of browsing trough your phone - simply connect to wireless (or cheap net) and browse trough those sites with your default browser. Download whatever you like and when the download is complete choose "install". And that's it.
Now you can download and install whatever you like without the annoying interference of Market. Just don't forget that apps on Market are generally safer than other sources. And if you "root" your phone, Google probably won't be able to remove your apps. But I really don't want to give my gmail account so I prefer to do it this way.
As to my X8, I actually like it, except for the lousy camera without flash, but otherwise, it's quite nice phone.

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар