понеделник, 23 февруари 2015 г.

A working tabs-restore plugin for gedit-3x

Yup, once you know what to look for, it's pretty obvious. I was quite desperate to find a plugin to save my tabs session and restore it on restarting gedit. I quickly found one, and tried to install it, but it never worked and I kept on getting all kind of odd errors (like "error loading python" or "error launching plugin"). Things are additionally worsened by not being able to see the tickmarks on the Plugins settings in Preference.
Anyway, it turned out the problem is that the pluging I was trying to install was for gedit-2. So I found this plugin to actually work *YAAAY*!
To install it, follow the steps on the page, i.e.
1. Download,
2. Copy the extracted files to ~/.local/share/gedit/plugins/ 
3. Copy and compile the settings schema as sudo/root: 
$sudo cp org.gnome.gedit.plugins.restoretabs.gschema.xml /usr/share/glib-2.0/schemas/
$sudo glib-compile-schemas /usr/share/glib-2.0/schemas/
4. Enable the plugin from Edit-Preferences-Plugins
Ok, there is a similar plugin which I didn't try, but you can find here.
Additionally, I found this useful list of actual gedit-3x plugins: Third party gedit plugins - versions 3.0 to 3.6 You might give it a try. 
Finally, if you ask the logical question why I'm using gedit when I'm actually under KDE, well, it has pretty cute IDE controls, it's ridiculously light and dumb that I wouldn't use it for anything but one particular project. Which doesn't apply fro kwrite for which I have in any moment like 5 opened windows. Of course, Kate has a pretty good session manager but then I couldn't find a proper way to use it as IDE, which decreases significantly its value. Anyway, now my Gedit has a tabs-restore! :)

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар