неделя, 17 април 2016 г.

How to restart touchpad without reboot

I'm so happy with this one.
When my laptop is very VERY loaded, sometimes (though not often), the touchpad decides it doesn't exit. No idea why, the mouse pointer just freezes on the screen and that's it. So today I found out how I can fix this without rebooting, which probably saved me 40 cpu/hours of calculations. Yay!
So here is what I did (following this). In the konsole:
$su
$equo install xinput
$ xinput --list
You see the id of the touchpad - mine is Elantech touchpad and was #13
$xinput disable 13
$xinput enable 13
And voila, I have touchpad again! And that's fantastic, because in my case even when I plugged the USB mouse, it didn't work, so it was a life-saviour. I love linux :)
P.S. Btw, while trying to figure out how to restart the touchpad I found this great site for kde shortcuts. I didn't know you could change the virtual desktop with ctrl+f1, ctrl+f2. Awesome...

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар