вторник, 13 декември 2022 г.

How to remove service from systemctl

 I had a weird service that was dumping errors like crazy in my logs visible with:

journalctl -b-1 -p4 --no-pager

So to remove it, first I found it's still running with (see this page for details):

 systemctl --type=service

then I followed these instructions and did:

systemctl stop [servicename]
systemctl disable [servicename]
rm /etc/systemd/system/[servicename]
rm /etc/systemd/system/[servicename] # and symlinks that might be related
rm /usr/lib/systemd/system/[servicename] 
rm /usr/lib/systemd/system/[servicename] # and symlinks that might be related
systemctl daemon-reload
systemctl reset-failed
 

where I basically did just the first "rm" part and the last 2 commands since the service wasn't active.


Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар