събота, 13 ноември 2010 г.

Access shared folders on VirtualBox XP

Today I needed to use some shared folders on my Windows XP VirtualBox machine and it turned out that there is no obvious way to do that. I searched a little with Google and here is what remarkable HOWTO I found.

VirtualBox: access shared folders from Windows XP guest OS


What you need to do, is so very very simple.
Win+E -> open and explorer window -> click on the plus sign on My Network Places -> click on the plus sign of My Entire Network and there you go!

It's done. Really really simple, I have no idea why it doesn't work from My computer, but honestly, I don't care. Like at all. I use my VirtualBox XP for testing purposes so I don't give a damn what works and what not. The point is that now I know how to use shared folders without reading bugs or using some ridiculously complicated howtos that I won't cite here.

P.S. You need VM Virtual Box Guest Additions for this to work. To install them Devices -> Additions or Host+D

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар