вторник, 9 ноември 2010 г.

Wine and sound

Today Rosetta Stone told me "Rosetta Stone could not find a sound output". I remembered I used to have that problem and after a little bit of searching, I discovered the solution:

In wineconfig audio tab:

1 check alsa
UNCHECK oss (and others)

2 EDIT ~/.asoundrc
comment out:
pcm.!default { type pulse }
ctl.!default { type pulse } 
  source - WineHq
This worked for me, without killing pulseaudio or anything like this.
Other suggestions for similar problem you can find here or here but I didn't try them. Now the audio is working and everything is fine.

Another Wine problem I had was the following:
"Warning: could not find DOS drive for current working directory '[My username directory]', starting in the Windows directory.
wine: cannot find '[File location]'"
Which I solved again using WineHq forum by doing:
ln -s / ~/.wine/dosdevices/z:

And it worked! 

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар