четвъртък, 13 декември 2012 г.

How to install a Gentoo ebuild on Sabayon

Maybe this one is pretty obvious, but I decided to paste it here just in case.
So you want to install some package, which is available in Gentoo's portage, but not in Sabayon's entropy. It turned out it's quite easy. Thanks to this site:

"Set PORTDIR_OVERLAY in /etc/make.conf to, say, /usr/portage/local then
mkdir -p /usr/portage/local/net-misc/wicd, copy the ebuild to that
directory then do
ebuild /usr/portage/local/net-misc/wicd/wicd-1.3.8-r1.ebuild manifest
and emerge it in the usual way."

In my case, I wanted to install BlueGriffon.
My PORTDIR_OVERLAY is  /usr/local/portage/myoverlay/"
I created: /usr/local/portage/myoverlay/dev-util/bluegriffon-bin
I copied the ebuilds I downloaded to this path.
and then I did:
$sudo ebuild bluegriffon-bin-1.5.2.ebuild manifest
$sudo emerge bluegriffon-bin-1.5.2.ebuild
On my first try, I got an error with eutils.eclass . You can find this file on this link and it should reside in /usr/portage/eclass/eutils.eclass .
I didn't need to download it manually from there, since doing
$sudo emerge --sync solved the problem.
And that was it! Blue Griffon is happily installed. 

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар