сряда, 1 август 2012 г.

How to decrease brightness trough konsole

After the last update, it turned out that I cannot control the brightness of my laptop trough the keys. I was quite desperate, but after a day or two of searching, I found the problem. It turned out that in /sys/class/backlight/ I have two folders /sys/class/backlight/acpi_video0 and /sys/class/backlight/toshiba
Trying with echo 0 > /sys/class/backlight/toshiba/brightness turned out not to do the trick, while echo 0 > /sys/class/backlight/acpi_video0/brightness decreased the brightness on my screen. So obviously, my system looks for the screen controls in the toshiba folder.
I noticed this command in the kernel boot screen acpi_backlight=vendor, so I suppose I'll try it on the next restart. But at least, now I can control the brightness. YAY!
While digging the net, I found those two quite cool sites:
http://blog.fejes.ca/?p=510 It offers a script for controlling the brightness (And it works, I tested it).
https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/29543 This is actually a bug report, but you can see some useful kernel options.

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар